How to complete the 30 day Self Care Challenge
Every day for the next 30 days you will select one self care or self love activity to complete from the categories created below. Please note that the categories can be minimized by clicking on them. The challenge is interactive and every time you do an activity you can mark it as complete allowing you to keep track of your progress. Try and do at least 1 activity a week from each self care or self love area. Start by going through each of the activities in advance so that you have an idea of what they entail. Clicking on the activity will provide you with tips on how to make each activity more fun. Some of the activities are easy to complete and others you will have to plan in advance. The self care and self love categories are 1.Emotional self care & self love 2. Social self care & self love 3. Spiritual self care & self love 4. Physical self care & self love 5. Mental self care & self love.
Emotional Self Care & Self Love
- Write in your journal or talk to someone about how you’re doing.
- Turn of social media for the day. Or limit it.
- Say I love you to someone you care about
- Watch a feel good movie like the Pursuit of Happyness
- Sit outside and drink a cup of tea all by yourself
- Get dressed up to feel good
- Take a bubble bath or a long hot shower
Spiritual Self Care & Self Love
- Do a 10 minute guided meditation
- Do 10 minutes of yoga
- Reflect with a close friend
- Do a mindful activity
- Write down 3 things are you grateful for
- Express gratitude to someone. Or forgiveness.
- Listen to uplifting songs while sitting outside
- Watch the sunset or imagine being on a beach with your eyes closed
- Burn a scented candle
Physical Self Care & Self Love
These are activities that will help increase your overall health and well being. They will help reduce your stress, and keep your energy levels up.
Mental Self Care & Self Love
Mental self care consists of activities that give you a feeling of accomplishment and make you feel worthwhile. This is an area of self care that is often overlooked, but make you feel important and useful.
- Read a book
- Solve a puzzle
- Take part in an online trivia game
- Learn something new
- Take a guilt free nap
- Say no to something you don’t want to do. and don’t feel guilty about it
- Pay attention to your thoughts & challenge any negative thoughts that arise
- Paint a picture. Or color in an adult coloring book.
- Schedule some “me time” in your calender
- Organize your house or clean your room