What is the 30 day song challenge on Instagram
The 30 day song challenge is where you share a song that is meaningful to you for 30 days straight on social media. You can do it on facebook, instagram, Tiktok or Twitter
Each day, you share the song challenge template on your social media profile, along with the name of the song that you have selected that day. The song you select should be based on which day of the challenge you are on. So on day 1 you would share a meaningful song with a color in its title. On day 2 you would share a meaningful song with a number in the title. And so on. You don’t need to write down why the song is meaningful, simply share the song.
instructions for each of the different social media platforms is below. In addition to that, you can find which type of song to share on what day below. The actual song challenge template can be found in the curriculum tab.
In addition to that lots of people turn the song template into a video, so that they can include a portion of the song itself. You can learn more about how to do that on different platforms below.
How to do the 30 day song challenge on Instagram
- To begin, add a picture to your story and then click the ‘sticker’ button in the top left corner (it resembles a square with a smiley face and is folded up in the lower right corner). For the picture most people tend to use the 30 day song challenge template (found in the curriculum tab), since that is what the challenge is actually based on.
- Once you have clicked the smiley face, you should click on the option that says “music.”
- Here you will be able to search for the song that you want.
- Once you have selected your song, customize which part you want to play on your clip by dragging the bar right at the bottom of the screen. Here you can chose how long to play the clip for, (10-15 seconds) and which part of the song you want to play. You also have the option to show the lyrics of the song on the screen whilst it’s playing.
How to complete the 30 day song challenge on Facebook
If you are completing the 30 day song challenge on Facebook then do the following:
- Click on create post
- Choose the photo/video option
- Select the photo you would like to chose and click done. Most people use the 30d day song challenge template as the picture.
- You will see an option to say something about the picture. Write down what day you are completing & the instructions for the song for the day.
- You’ll now see multiple options to edit the picture, make it 3d, or cancel itClick on edit
- Now on the top of the page you’ll see a music icon. Once you click on that you can choose the song you would like to use.
- Similar to Instagram posts you can move the slider at the bottom of the screen to customize how long to play the song, and choose what part of the track you intend to use.
Songs to select as per the 30 day song challenge
- Day one: A song you like with a color in the title
- Day two: A song you like with a number in the title
- Day three: A song that reminds you of summertime
- Day four: A song that reminds you of someone you’d rather forget
- Day five: A song that needs to be played loud
- Day six: A song that makes you want to dance
- Day seven: A song to drive to
- Day eight: A song about drugs or alcohol
- Day nine: A song that makes you happy
- Day 10: A song that makes you sad
- Day 11: A song you never get tired of
- Day 12: A song from your pre-teen years
- Day 13: A song you like from the 70s
- Day 14: A song you’d love to be played at your wedding
- Day 15: A song you like that’s a cover by another artist
- Day 16: A song that’s a classic favourite
- Day 17: A song you’d sing a duet with someone on karaoke
- Day 18: A song from the year you were born
- Day 19: A song that makes you think about life
- Day 20: A song that has many meanings to you
- Day 21: A song you like with a person’s name in the title
- Day 22: A song that moves you forward
- Day 23: A song you think everybody should listen to
- Day 24: A song by a band you wish were still together
- Day 25: A song you like by an artist no longer living
- Day 26: A song that makes you want to fall in love
- Day 27: A song that breaks your heart
- Day 28: A song by an artist whose voice you love
- Day 29: A song you remember from childhood
- Day 30: A song that reminds you of yourself
List of songs with a number in them
- Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams
- Eight Days a Week by The Beatles
- Five Years Time by Noah and the Whale
- Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
- Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
- Five hours by Deorro
- Sevent Years by Lukas Graham
- A thousand miles Vanessa Carlton
- Two Become One by Spice Girls
- One More Night by Phil Collins
- One hundred years by Five for Fighting
List of songs with a color in them
- Yellow Submarine by The beatles
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John
- Green Onions by Booker T & The MGS
- Yellow by Coldplay
- Back in Black by AC/DC
- Mr Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
- Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
- Blue Velevet by Bobby Vinton
- Paint it black by The rolling Stones
- Old Yellow Bricks by Arctic Monkeys
Where to find the 30 day song challenge template
You can find the 30 day song challenge template in the curriculum tab. Simply click on the tab and you will be able to download the 30 day song challenge template as a pdf.
This template is what you will be using to create your 30 day song challenge post.