Day 1 – First time you met each other
Partners who recall positive memories about each other report feeling closer to each other and more in love. This is even true of couples who fight a lot. Recalling fond memories of the past softens you up towards your partner.
Reminisce with each other about the first time you met or your first date.
Tips & Advice
- Try and read the talking points in advance so that both of you are comfortable discussing it.
- If your partner has difficulty recalling details don’t take it personally. Tease them about it. Use it as an opportunity to remind them of what your relationship was like. Let them tell you about another positive memory that they have of your relationship.
- Make sure you have set aside at least 15-20 minutes for this conversations
- Set the mood for the conversation in advance. Discuss it over some drinks. Or cuddle on the couch. Or sit outdoors and enjoy the weather. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Talking points to get you started
- How and where did you two meet?
- What was your first impression of your partner?
- What did you like about your partner? What was something that set them apart?
- What made you want to go out with your partner again?
- Try and recall how you felt? Nervous? Confident? Happy?