We all experience self-doubt at some point of time of our lives, if not on a regular basis.
During my school years, I constantly used to doubt myself. Thoughts like “I am a loser” or “I am not capable to make friends” would constantly make me insecure.
As I grew older, I started to care less. However, there were still times when I doubted my abilities. For example, before going for a job interview, even today at times when I have a bad day I start to doubt myself
In these moments of self-doubt what works for me is instantly, to calm myself down and use affirmations. Affirmations for self-doubt are a great mental exercise to change our negative thoughts into more positive ones.
What are affirmations and why do they work
They help us enhance our inner dialogue, change our core belief system and rewire the neural pathways that lead to success.. They can be particularly helpful when we’re feeling down about ourselves, or doubting our abilities.
How to use affirmations
Affirmations are best used as a mental exercise. They should be said with power and conviction as if what you were affirming had already come to pass, as this will help them take root in your subconscious mind and strengthen those neural pathways we talked about earlier.
25 Affirmations for self doubt
Here are some of my affirmations for self-doubt, I suggest you create your own too so that they are meaningful to you:
- I am okay just the way I am.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- My thoughts and opinions are valuable.
- I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to.
- I am loved, supported and safe in this world.
- Everything is working out for my highest good.
- The universe has my back and supports me in every way possible
- I choose to be positive and optimistic even in the face of adversity
- Every experience in my life is a lesson meant for my growth .
- I am brave, courageous and bold when it comes to making decisions in my life
- My path is always clear before me
- I am at peace with myself, the world around me and all that happens to me.
- My trials and tribulations are challenges which help me grow.
- My path is always clear before me.
- I forgive myself for past mistakes and release the negative feelings that come up in my mind.
- I let go of all fear-based thoughts and make space for love & light.
- My body, mind and soul are in perfect sync with one another.
- I am enough and do not need to prove myself to anyone else.
- I choose happiness over fear or sadness every day.
- I can do anything I set my mind to, no excuses.
- Every day, in every way I am becoming better and better.
- I am beautiful the way I am.
- I am blessed and grateful for the life I have been given.
- No matter what happens, I am good enough
- I am capable enough to achieve my goals
Tips for using affirmations effectively
Create affirmations catered specifically towards your need at the time
I have been using affirmations to be more positive and confident for years now.
What works best for me is to create affirmations created specifically for my needs at the time.
For example for the longest time, I was doubtful about my driving abilities and avoided getting my driver’s license thinking I would fail. I created my affirmations based on that particular situation.
So for example this included affirmations such as
- “I feel safe behind the wheel”
- My driving gets better every day
- I am a good and confident driver.
Keep them short and simple
Keep the affirmations as short and simple as you can. The key is to be able to remember them and repeat them constantly when in doubt.
Therefore choose something which resonates with you, is easy to remember, and is simple.
The idea is to focus on the positive aspect you want to change about yourself rather than enumerate all your faults, so try and be as concise as possible.
Visualize your words
When we visualize anything it really helps us connect with the situation more. Therefore try visualizing your affirmations, really try to imagine them coming true and happening to you.
For example, if your affirmation is “I feel safe behind the wheel” I would imagine myself in my car driving confidently.
This will really help you change your beliefs and opinions about your skills.
Repeat them 3-5 times a day
It is helpful to repeat your affirmations at least 3-5 times a day. When you walk up stand in front of a mirror and focus on each word you say. Then repeat it in the middle of the day and before you go.
It is also beneficial to repeat the affirmation when you are doubting yourself.
Final thoughts on affirmations for self-doubt
We all have insecurities and feelings of self-doubt. These feelings often have an impact on our confidence levels and relationships. It is important to remember that these feelings are normal and can be changed.
Using Affirmations for self-doubt is a great way to remind yourself that you are good enough and are capable of achieving whatever you put your mind to.
Remember to repeat these multiple times in a day, or when you experience feelings of self-doubt. Affirmations are a great way to help you feel more positive and are a step forward in getting rid of limiting beliefs.
Do you find it hard to accept yourself or struggle with low self-esteem? you can check our affirmations for self-esteem.